[Development] 3rdpart platform plugins, tests and CI

Sergio Ahumada Navea san at sansano.inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Nov 1 17:50:37 CET 2011

Hi,

On 11/01/2011 04:55 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 04:01 PM, shane.kearns at accenture.com wrote:
>> I checkout and build qtbase.git as the normal way of working (to work on core / network libraries)
>> I don't know how easy it is to build qtdeclarative.git (for example) on its own.
>>

> Sure, I build qtbase directly as well, but if you have a look at the pastebin
> link from the original mail, it appears that everything is checked out.

Actually, if you look a little bit closer you will notice that we only
cloned qtbase.git by doing "./init-repository --module-subset=qtbase"

If you want to compile qtdeclarative.git you can do:

# git clone git://gitorious.org/qt/qtdeclarative.git
# cd qtdeclarative
# git clone git://gitorious.org/qtqa/testconfig.git _testconfig
# perl _testconfig/test.pl --project "QtDeclarative master Integration"
--stage "linux-g++-32 Ubuntu 10.04 x86"

and you will get qtdeclarative + the modules it depends on cloned and
compiled.

If you don't want to test qtdeclarative.git against the tip of the
modules it depends on, you can modify the %dependencies section in the
sync.profile
<https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtdeclarative/blobs/master/sync.profile>
file. Because of this %dependencies section, we will just clone (in the
qtdeclarative case) qtbase.git + qtxmlpatterns.git [1] by doing
"./init-repository --module-subset=qtbase,qtxmlpatterns" (or something
like that).

Check https://qt.gitorious.org/qtqa/testconfig/trees/master/projects for
the other modules.

> holger

Cheers,

[1] a good test would be to remove qtxmlpatterns from the sync.profile
and then probe that Thiago is correct by saying that qtdeclarative does
not depend on qtxmlpatterns anymore :)
--
Sergio Ahumada Navea
san at sansano.inf.utfsm.cl