[Development] qtsystems doesn't compile - mtcore mandatory dependency

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 2 10:33:16 CET 2011

On Wednesday, 2 de November de 2011 19:01:21 Aaron McCarthy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 06:47:08 pm ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > PS: are the unit tests outside qtbase ever compiled? The qtxmlpatterns
> > ones
> > don't build for me.
>
> This depends on how you configure and build.  If the forwarding .qmake.cache
> files in the Qt modules are not created or overwritten the modules will not
> build anything but src.  This is because the QT_BUILD_PARTS qmake variable
> from qtbase's .qmake.cache is not available.  The solution is to ensure
> that QT_BUILD_PARTS="libs examples tests" is set in modules.

Hi Aaron

Sorry, that's not what I meant. The built is attempted, but fails:

/home/thiago/src/qt/qt5/qtxmlpatterns/tests/auto/xmlpatternssdk/ErrorItem.cpp:46:30:
fatal error: qreportcontext_p.h: No such file or directory

The file is present in QtXmlPatterns's private include dir. So the fix is
simple: add xmlpatterns-private to QT in the .pro file and add the "private/"
prefix in the include.