[Development] QContactLocalId in Qt5

Mathias Hasselmann mathias at openismus.com
Wed Nov 2 10:55:03 CET 2011

Am Dienstag, den 01.11.2011, 09:56 +0100 schrieb Robin Burchell:
> Hi Paivi,
>
> > About source-compatibility... As a Qt5 AddOn module QtPim has little less restrictions
> > regarding source-compatibility than Essential modules, see e.g.
> > http://developer.qt.nokia.com/groups/qt_contributors_summit/wiki/Qt5ProductDefinition.
> > While we try not to break source-compatibility if it's not necessary, we
> > also see moving from QtMobility to QtPim as a good opportunity to simplify QtPim
> > APIs a bit and to make some other changes, which might be more difficult later.
> > Some of the changes are already visible in qtpim repository, some are still in the
> > planning phase. We will tell more about the changes and reasoning behind
> > them in the near future.

One more thing. Should learn to focus! :-)

QContactManagerEngineV2 - right now it is marked as interface, but
actually it extends QContactManagerEngine. So I'd propose to either
merge its virtual methods into QContactManagerEngine, or to make it a
real interface (by not inheriting QContactManagerEngine).

Friedrich Kossebau has some insights on this.

Ciao,
Mathias

--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias at openismus.com>