[Development] Installing Qt5Config.cmake from the Qt repo?

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Thu Nov 3 01:05:49 CET 2011

On Wednesday, November 02, 2011 12:33:02 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> you don't need sed. use QMAKE_SUBSTITUTES (see creator sources for
> "documentation"). in fact, the shell scripts look easy enough that you
> could rewrite them in qmake entirely.

My latest iteration does exactly this.

https://qt.gitorious.org/+kdab-developers/qt/kdab-developers-
qtbase/commit/ae44eecd36a2a9265cf972b1413b58f983276d20

That commit depends on qmake, does not depend on cmake or sed or perl or the
existance of a shell, so in theory it's portable to windows (and mac), though
I haven't tested it (or mac).

I think ossi still has some feedback on it that we can work on later, but I've
tested it, and it works just as the shell script version worked. Additionally,
as most of the reusable functionality is now defined in the mkspec directory,
it should be trivial to add cmake config files to modules outside of qtbase.git
too.

I believe this addresses all of the issues with previous versions of this
feature.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen at kdab.com> | Software Engineer