[Development] Optional Qt module dependencies (was: RE: qtsystems doesn't compile...)

alex.blasche at nokia.com alex.blasche at nokia.com
Thu Nov 3 05:09:22 CET 2011

The only value I could come up with is along the line of ensuring that certain Qt libs are always available on any "standard" Qt platform. This is irrelevant for AddOns (aka connectivity) but relevant for Essentials (P&S).

> If someone filed bugs for these configurations, any chance they would
> actually be fixed, or would they be rejected as "please install <some
> prerequisite package> and try again"?

They will probably be rejected. In P&S there are 3 possible *unix backends. Spending time on a forth one would raise questions along the line of "don't you have anything better to do"? Of course if somebody wants to contribute/maintain a new one then this bug could turn into a feature addition.

--
Alex