[Development] Long time before becoming approver?

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Thu Nov 3 10:50:45 CET 2011

One could also handle the "relevant people might be on vacation" issue by giving approvers a "probation period" where they are approvers in gerrit, but the status can be revoked without the hassle of a "vote of no confidence", to give people who where not available for some reason the chance to still raise concerns.

1) proposal + seconded
2) after n-weeks (1? 2?) --> approver on probation
3) after n more weeks (1? 2?) --> approver

Just an idea.

Btw, I don't think the governance model handles how changes to the governance model itself are done :)

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193