[Development] API review for a new QDnsResolver class

Jeremy Lainé jeremy.laine at m4x.org
Fri Nov 4 20:36:12 CET 2011

On 11/04/2011 11:47 AM, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> Btw. I think we need the generic accessor anyway because you never know
> what the format of a TXT response looks like. Q3Dns allowed that only
> for TXT records, but IMO it would be better to always have an accessor
> to the raw response data, or at least if the query type is unknown.

Access to the "raw" response data for arbitrary records is not going to work in a
cross-platform way. For instance, on Windows the result has already been digested for you
and put into a suitable structure depending on the record type:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682082%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Jeremy