[Development] Qt5 "QMAKESPEC has not been set"

Johannes Zellner johannes.zellner at nokia.com
Mon Nov 7 14:56:57 CET 2011

Hi,

I have problems building Qt5 these days, when trying to set a different
prefix other than described in the README "$PWD/qtbase"
qtbase builds fine, but any other module/add-on wont build due to:
"QMAKESPEC has not been set, so configuration cannot be deduced."

The issue is that a "make install" is not issued for qtbase at this
time. (somehow the "$PWD/qtbase" seems to always work)
In any case should we change the qt5 project file, to not build other
modules than qtbase if you do
./configure && make ?
Or at least change the README to give a hint.

Am I the only one getting into this issue?

Best,
Johannes