[Development] Platform / compiler support

henry.haverinen at nokia.com henry.haverinen at nokia.com
Tue Nov 8 14:39:44 CET 2011

Hey João,

On 11/7/11 4:31 PM, "ext João Abecasis" <joao.abecasis at nokia.com> wrote:

>To bootstrap the discussion I started a wiki page  with a short list of
>suggested supported compilers and platforms for Qt 5:
>
>    http://wiki.qt-project.org/Supported_Platforms

Cool! We should merge that with http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Qt_5.0,
which linked from the Qt Roadmap pages at Qt Developer Network. I'm not
sure which wiki would be the best location.

The platform list on that Qt_5.0 wiki page is not in a sane state, so
thanks for restarting the discussion!

>It'd be nice to have a list of reference platforms and even better if
>such platforms had maintainers who'd provide testing results, help fix
>issues and generally ensure the platforms are in a working state.
>Supporting a platform may also have implications on the release process.
>Anyway, all of that is a bigger discussion.

Some discussion from QtCS in Berlin is documented here:
http://developer.qt.nokia.com/groups/qt_contributors_summit/wiki/Qt5Product
Definition#4582cf86974b397c8f3a2ed2fd502f8c

I should probably move this page to the Qt Project wiki.

Cheers,
Henry