[Development] V8 updated in qtbase.git

Kent Hansen kent.hansen at nokia.com
Fri Nov 11 08:02:38 CET 2011

Hi,
bcd16f9453e543ba819385d87bd7061a4caeb325 bumps the sha1 for the V8
submodule, and introduces some build changes to src/v8. You'll need to
do "git submodule update" to be able to build libQtV8 again.

Thiago, I missed the previous discussion on V8's location. Since
everyone seems to agree that QtCore shouldn't depend on V8, I guess
we're free to move it around again. One idea from Lars is that we move
it back to qtdeclarative and build it straight into the "core"
libQtDeclarative. The idea is to separate out the graphical parts of
declarative into its own library, e.g. QtQuick(2), so that QtDeclarative
(or QtQmlCore, or . . .) only contains the QML "language" + runtime
(including JS environment and minimal C++/JS API).

Simon, would that type of dependency also work for you QtWebKittens?

Kent