[Development] V8 updated in qtbase.git

Kent Hansen kent.hansen at nokia.com
Fri Nov 11 09:14:11 CET 2011

One thing we just remembered is that we want to have v8 snapshot support
when cross-compiling.
So we'll have a mkv8snapshot tool that must run on the host.
How can that be achieved if we move v8 out of qtbase? Currently
makefiles for host tool are handled in configure, see this line:

*tools/bootstrap*|*tools/moc*|*tools/rcc*|*tools/uic*|*linguist/lrelease*)
SPEC=$QMAKESPEC ;;

Currently, all we'd have to do is add mkv8snapshot to that.

Kent