[Development] IMPORTANT: topic reviews on gerrit disabled

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Mon Nov 14 17:13:14 CET 2011

moin,

due to about a dozen bugs, a few of them fairly serious, i went ahead
and disabled the topic review functionality. it will come back, but not
necessarily this year. :}

how to work without the functionality (i.e., how we worked up to a few
weeks ago): you just have to talk more (shock!). put the necessary info
into the first change of the topic: tell the invited reviewers that the
subsequent changes (under dependencies => needed by) actually belong to
a topic, and tell them not to submit/stage anything themselves (which is
good practice anyway, to allow other reviewers to have a say). to see
the whole topic (and some more), just click the author in the change
list. staging becomes a bit annoying for the authors again, but then,
that feature wasn't *that* commonly used anyway, so i'm positive we'll
survive it.

ps: i'm not sure what about the existing topics. just try to continue to
use them ...

--
Oswald Buddenhagen
Software Developer