[Development] QTemporaryDir API

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Wed Nov 16 18:22:23 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, David Faure wrote:

> Thiago suggested that I post the header file here, to see if anyone had
> feedback on the (rather short) API.
>
> Actually I'll post the .cpp file too, since the documentation of the API is
> there :)

I tried without the documentation. Feedback based on that:

1.) I found the argument name "templateName" a bit confusing as it could
also refer to the name of a template. How about "nameTemplate"? :)

   QTemporaryDir(const QString &templateName);

2.) I cannot remember details of Qt's naming policies anymore but
autoRemove() very much sounds like an action. isAutoRemoved() would be
clearer? The "auto" abbreviation is still questionable.

3.) Shouldn't QTemporaryDir::removeDir(const QString& path) rather be a
removeRecursive() function in QDir?

Harri.