[Development] proposing Richard Moore as approver

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Thu Nov 17 13:49:43 CET 2011

On 11/16/11 6:07 PM, "ext Sven Anderson" <Sven.Anderson at snom.com> wrote:
>Am 02.11.2011 11:14, schrieb Olivier Goffart:
>> But am I alone to think that 3 weeks of waiting time is a lot?
>> 15 work day is a lot,  how about reducing it to something between 7 and
>>10
>> work days?
>
>OTOH, is this really a time-critical process? In doubt I would choose
>the longer option, not the shorter.

The whole point of the time period is to enable key personnel which might
be on vacation, sick or otherwise indisposed, to be able to react. 15
business days is normally enough to catch that, while 7-10 days normally
isn't. (People tend to take 2 week vacations from work, and not so much 3
weeks or more)

It will not affect their ways of working, since those people should even
from before they get a nomination be working *as if* they already had the
role. The only difference is that after the 15 days they will get a +2
instead of the +1. Nothing else really changes. (Yes, they get a "Stage"
button too, but normally the Author pushes that button)

--
.marius