[Development] QTemporaryDir API

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Fri Nov 18 12:12:16 CET 2011

On 11/18/11 11:32 AM, "ext Olivier Goffart" <olivier at woboq.com> wrote:

>On Friday 18 November 2011 05:01:44 Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
>> A general [static] recursive remove directory function belongs in QDir.
>>
>> A member recursive remove *this* particular *temporary* directory
>>function
>> belongs in QTemporaryDir.
>>
>> Putting a generalized recursive remove directory function into
>> QTemporaryDir makes no organizational sense.
>

>I agree with that,  IMHO it belongs to QDir.

Yes, one of my problems with it was that it does clearly not belong into
QTemporaryDir, but QDir.

>About the fact that the function is dangerous, yes it is,  but it is
>something
>developers want to do anyway, and not only with temporary directories.

Agree, it can be solved by documentation and giving it a name that makes
it obvious. QDir::removeAllDirsandFilesRecursive() for example.

So my proposal would be to remove it from QTemporaryDir, and then have
another merge request adding this as API to QDir.

Cheers,
Lars