[Development] Window{} API for QML

Alan Alpert alan.alpert at nokia.com
Mon Nov 21 07:57:01 CET 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:30:59 you wrote:
> On 15/11/11 10.24, "ext Alan Alpert" <alan.alpert at nokia.com> wrote:

> >>screen.

> >>expose

> >If we mostly agree, then that's a good starting point. I'll start
> >prototyping
> >a Window{} with the following minimal API in a QtQuick.Window import
> >(unless
> >someone has a better idea for the name, as this import could also contain
> >the
> >exposed Screen stuff that is highly related).
> >
> >Window{ //Not inheriting QQuickItem, creates a new top level window.
> >
> >    property string title
> >    property int x
> >    property int y
> >    property int width
> >    property int height
> >    property bool visible
> >    property Orientation requestedOrientation // { Portrait, Landscape, Š
> >
> >}
> >}
>
> If we get a requested orientation, it would be really nice if it possible
> to also get the final sizes (after orientation change). Basically for a
> web browser, we want to know that a orientation change is requested. Use
> the new sizes to relayout and set up our animation states, then do the
> actual orientation change.

As far as I'm aware, this has nothing to do with the orientation change
itself. This is a hint to the windowmanager that you can set when you want the
orientation for this window to be locked to a certain value. The actual change
is notified somewhere else, presumably by the screen, and is not associated
with the window.

--
Alan Alpert
Senior Engineer