[Development] Extending QML flickable element

Alan Alpert alan.alpert at nokia.com
Mon Nov 21 23:39:32 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:29:00 ext Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM,  <alan.alpert at nokia.com> wrote:
> > Flickable is not public C++ API, only public QML API.
>
> Are we willing to change this for Qt 5.0 (work on QML's C++ APIs to
> make them public) ?

There are no such plans. The current thinking is that not exporting a public
C++ API makes it a lot easier to make a good public QML API (because of the
reduced compatibility requirements and because it's difficult to expose API to
QML but not C++ and vice-versa). So the QML elements will remain focused on
their QML API for now.

--
Alan Alpert
Senior Engineer