[Development] Moving itemmodels classes to QtCore

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Wed Nov 23 09:46:48 CET 2011

2011/11/22 Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com>:

> Hi there,
>

> I propose to move the following files into QtCore (along with their
> implementations, omitted for brevity):
>

> * itemviews/qabstractproxymodel.h
>
> * itemviews/qidentityproxymodel.h
>
> * itemviews/qsortfilterproxymodel.h
>
> * itemviews/qitemselectionmodel.h

I incorrectly assumed that they were already in QtCore along with
QAIM. I for one am a big fan of using proxymodels with/from QML and
can think of quite a few use-cases.

I also feel there needs to be a brainstorm about how typical GUI
elements (icons, images, fonts, etc) interact with models and proxies.
Even though it's not a dependency: enum Qt::ItemDataRole is used
solely but QAIM and the documentation equates it to QtGui classes like
QColor, QIcon and QPixmap. Since we are moving the entire QAIM stack
out of QtGui I think the recommended practice of passing data should
change to.

Bart