[Development] Moving itemmodels classes to QtCore

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Nov 23 17:32:19 CET 2011

On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 13:52:17 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think moving the item models back into QtGui would be better than QtCore.
> * QML and Widgets applications both depend on QtGui
> * The item models have no use outside of a GUI application.
> * QtGui was the location of these classes in Qt4.

It makes sense for them to be in the same place as QAIM.

Either that's QtCore or QAIM should move to QtGui.

There are as I recently discovered 3rd party guis built on top of Qt. And
maybe next February Elop will decide that html5 UIs are the future of Qt.

Moving them into QtGui just creates the same problem that 'the classes should
be moved'. If they are going to be moved, there's no point in not moving them
to QtCore.

Most people on this list have already agreed on that much.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen at kdab.com> | Software Engineer