[Development] Dropping QSound?

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu Nov 24 13:32:52 CET 2011

On Thursday 24 November 2011 13:19:38 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:23:34 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > An idea to consider.
> >
> > I don't think *anyone* uses QSound these days.
>
> Do you mean removing or putting in some qt4support library?

Note that the backend do not exist anymore with lighthouse, so one would need
to add code into each lighthouse plugin to handle QSound

So sure, this is a huge source incompatible change for the users of QSound
(which are probably more than what we think, it is i guess used a lot in
applications to just pop a notification sound)
But i think it would be a lot of work not to remove it.