[Development] Dropping QSound?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Nov 24 14:53:16 CET 2011

On Thursday 24 November 2011 Nov, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 24 de November de 2011 14:07:50 Markus Goetz wrote:
> > > So sure, this is a huge source incompatible change for the users of QSound
> > > (which are probably more than what we think, it is i guess used a lot in
> > > applications to just pop a notification sound)
> > > But i think it would be a lot of work not to remove it.
> >
> > A quick search on github proves Olivier's point.
>
> Really? Even if it is completely useless on X11 today (it requires NAS)?

I had to use it in the Hyves Desktop because none of the other sound options of Qt would work both on Windows XP and on Vista... And we didn't care that much about X11, because 98% of our users were on Windows, 2% were using OSX and the rest (mainly the developers at Hyves) were using Linux.

--
Boudewijn Rempt