[Development] Status of windows CE support

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Mon Oct 24 09:12:59 CEST 2011

On 10/23/11 10:25 PM, "ext Thiago Macieira" <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

>On Sunday, 23 de October de 2011 20.38.28, Robin Burchell wrote:
>> > CC to Lars, because I guess platforms is one of the things a CM would
>> > be responsible for... :)
>> >
>> > As has been previously discussed, the primary platforms for Qt are
>> > Windows, Linux, and OS X. This has lead to code from e.g. Symbian
>> > being removed. What I'm wondering is; should code from e.g. Windows CE
>> > also be dropped? Or should it be kept when stripping out other dead
>> > mobile branches?
>
>I don't think there are any plans of removing Windows CE code. Lars, is
>there
>a maintainer for it?

Not currently. But the code is usually a small variation of the regular
Windows code and I think we should keep it around for now.

What we can remove is everything that's related to the windowing system,
as that has to go through Lighthouse in the future. Ie. we keep stuff that
should be in Q_OS_WINCE and remove stuff that's inside Q_WS_WINCE. But
please keep in mind that we haven't been very good in keeping the usage of
these defines consistent. So something inside Q_WS_WIN(CE) might actually
be Q_OS_* code :)

Cheers,
Lars