[Development] QImage Support for Grayscale Images

Keith Gardner kgardner at zebraimaging.com
Tue Oct 25 18:18:19 CEST 2011

Is there a plan for adding grayscale support to QImage?  I know that there are enums in place in preparation for this capability.  I have also looked at the bug tracker and found pages of bugs requesting this feature.  I personally would like to see it implemented because I use grayscale textures in my apps and am also using a grayscale camera.  This one missing feature is forcing me to use FreeImage directly to do my load/save operations even though I want to use only use Qt data types.

Thanks,
Keith