[Development] QtWeb

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Wed Oct 26 08:13:38 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-25 11:32 PM, Gábor Lehel wrote:
> > Lastly, ties to a scripting language would be excellent, and it
> > would be great if we could start with Lua since it is dead simple
> > to tie in with C/C++ code, and then add Python capability as we
> > get going farther into the project.
>
> I am not participating in this project and don't know anything about
> anything, but wouldn't JavaScript be the logical choice, given that it
> already ships with and is integrated to some degree with Qt?

Totally agree, V8 in particular. The main reason for focussing on JS is
that the language itself is entirely async which fits in nicely with
Qt's signal/slot async event driven potential. Personally, I have no
interest in using anything but Javascript, with PHP as a sync based
fallback because of the huge amount of "legacy" web apps available.

https://github.com/nikhilm/confkdein11/tree/master/qtjs