[Development] QTBUG-10481: Adding support for DNS SRV lookups

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Wed Oct 26 20:03:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Olivier Goffart <olivier at woboq.com> wrote:
> So that class really fits into Qt. But only as a low level class
> (that could even stay internal maybe, I still fail to see a use case for it
> that is not covered by the convinience i suggest)

(without ever having actually read the standard to date, despite using
it quite a lot...) Writing classes implementing DNS-SD would probably
be a lot easier with this, for example. There are undoubtedly others.

It is low level, sure. That doesn't mean it isn't useful for people
doing relatively low-level things. I'm not against 'prettier' API
built on top of this as convenience building blocks, but I would quite
like the base to be there if I need it, too, without having to
reinvent the wheel.

BR,

Robin