[Development] QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE and QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 07:23:58 CEST 2011

On Wednesday, 26 de October de 2011 23.28.53, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> After a small talk with David Faure,  we came to the conclusion that maybe
> it  would be a good temporary solution to define
> QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE to 4.9 to re-enable (temporarely) all the
> deprecated function, untill the feature freeze. So others module have time
> to adapt to the deprecation warnings.
>
> The change is there: http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,7494
>
> Comments?

Qt itself needs to be built with that macro enabled. On some platforms
(*cough* Windows *cough*), the compiler (*cough* MSVC *cough*) will try to
export the entire class, including inline functions, so it needs to see all
functions.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358