[Development] New feature to qstring | QString::toBool()

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 22:19:51 CEST 2011

On Thursday, 27 de October de 2011 21:25:28 Andre Somers wrote:
> QString("1,234").toDouble() also isn't all that clear either, only the
> QLocale version of those is localized.
> With a US locale, that would result in 1234.0 (more than a thousand),
> while in the Netherlands, it would be 1.234 (one and a bit).

Right: that needs to be fixed: QString should operate ONLY on the C locale. If
you need anything with other locales, it should be clearly marked (like "%L1"
in arg()) or you should use QLocale.

The same goes for QDate and QTime. Does anyone volunteer to do this change?

> If QString::toBool is introduced, there needs to be a properly
> localized or at least localizable version in QLocale as well, I think.
>
> André
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358