[Development] V8's location

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Fri Oct 28 14:38:38 CEST 2011

On 10/28/11 1:58 PM, "ext Thiago Macieira" <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

>On Friday, 28 de October de 2011 13:06:50 you wrote:

>>But
>> >
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Can we move the submodule?
>>
>> Well, you as maintainer of QtCore decide, right?
>
>No, since it's not part of QtCore. The qtbase.git maintainer (Lars) could
>decide that.
>
>Also, I have not yet understood how the qt5.pro and overall structure
>work. I
>know how to build in one of my builds, but the other one fails (with the
>EXACT
>same sources).
>
>Besides, I have no idea if there are CI or QA rules that need to be
>updated.
>I'd rather not do it myself.
>
>Better let someone who has created a module before do it.

We've been moving this lib quite a bit already. If we move it again, I'd
prefer it would end up at it's final location. The move was done before we
had the decision to keep QtCore independent of V8 and to separate the QJS*
classes and the QML engine into it's own module.

With the above decision it might make sense to move V8, the QJS* classes
and the QML engine all into the same shared library.

Kent & Aaron, any thoughts?

Cheers,
Lars