[Development] Dropping the Q prefix from class names

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Apr 1 18:51:59 CEST 2012

On Sunday 01 April 2012 Apr, Sivan Greenberg wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM,  <joao.abecasis at nokia.com> wrote:
> > The first one introduces a Q namespace, which replaces the Q prefix in
> > Qt5. The second patch drops the prefix in class names. This brings the
> > C++ API more in line with the QML/JavaScript one and will hopefully help
> > move all remaining C++ developers to JavaScript.
> >
> Do we really want to force all devs to move to JavaScript?

One of the most ghastly problems there are with using QML and javascript right now is there's absolutely no way to figure out which parts come from Qt, and which parts were created by the previous people who worked on the app you're now trying to maintain.

You see some name, it hasn't got a Q or a K or anything in front of it -- so, guess whether it's part of the standard components, something dreamed by those guys who wrote the app you're trying to maintain or something you wrote yourself four weeks ago but had forgotten about.

Lovely.

--
Boudewijn Rempt