[Development] Qftp removal

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Tue Apr 3 22:10:08 CEST 2012

Ok, there are three options I can see and we need to choose one.

1. One add-on for each removed API (e.g. qftp.git, qhttp.git)
2. One add-on for each module (e.g. qt4network.git)
3. A catch-all kitchen sink repository (e.g. qt4support.git)

We promised this when removing the APIs, and again in the Qt5 alpha announcement.
The code needs to be available by the time we release the beta.

Each API builds as a separate (static) library using only public exports of Qt5.
(QHttp has a renamed private copy of QAuthenticator and QRingBuffer)

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.