[Development] Issues with dynamically loading of Qt libraries (libQtNetwork and libQtWebKit)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Apr 4 01:20:08 CEST 2012

On terça-feira, 3 de abril de 2012 15.12.41, Miroslav Ristic wrote:
> Our main concern is not the segfault, but the fact that we can't unload the
> Qt libraries using dlclose.
>
> Any question, advice, or feedback is highly appreciated.

Unloading libraries is always a recipe for disaster. You can't unload if there
are threads running or other things still allocated. That's probably the
reason why you get that segfault when you try to unload it.

Now, none of the libraries has -z nodelete, so the only thing that would keep
it from unloading are plugins. And besides the designer/libqwebview.so plugin,
I can't see any other plugin linked to QtWebKit.

Anyway, my suggestion is: don't try. Just forget about unloading the libraries
from memory.