[Development] Compiling Qt5 Alpha on Linux fails

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Thu Apr 5 05:08:33 CEST 2012

The original intention was to support installed libs. However after quite done testing (after having created the script) we decided that the alpha couldn't support it.

Now we will support it in the beta, so there was no point in removing it.

And as it solves a problem exposed by Jom with top-level Makefiles on Windows, it remains the build method of choice also in the alpha.

--
Sent from my Nokia N9

On 4/4/12 17:27 Mcgovern Rohan (Nokia-MP/Brisbane) wrote:
marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com said:
> Try following the instructions here
>     http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5-Alpha-building-instructions
>
> Qt should not be configured in such a way that it needs to be installed. That's not a supported build configuration for the alpha.
> Only in-source non-install builds for alpha.

If we only support in-source non-install builds for now, what was the
reason for adding that "build" script?