[Development] Making of the 4.8.2 release and getting the fixes in by 15th April

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Apr 5 15:32:20 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 4 de abril de 2012 11.56.25, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As discussed earlier, we would like to have 4.8.2 out in May for both the Qt
> Project LGPL release and Qt Commercial. There are already some nice fixes
> in the 4.8 branch and more are on their way in.
>
> All the items to go into 4.8.2 should preferably be in the 4.8 branch by
> 15th April. We will start taking snapshots from 4.8 branch after that and
> base 4.8.2 on a stabile one of those.
>
> I would like to point out that there are now quite a few contributions
> pending to be merged to 4.8 in Gerrit. It would be great if all maintainers
> who have not yet done so go though these for their modules and all
> contributors who have received comments try to fix the things needed to be
> accepted.

To get a list of pending contributions to Qt 4.8, here's the link:

http://codereview.qt-project.org/#q,project:qt/qt+status:open,n,z

There are several pagefuls of contributions pending review. So, maintainers,
do your duty :-)

Also, while reviewing Qt 4 contributions, remember to think about Qt 5. The
contribution must either have landed in Qt 5 already and thus contain "cherry-
picked from {SHA-1 from Qt 5}" or it must have a good explanation why it
doesn't apply to Qt 5. The best such explanation is "it's already fixed
differently there".