[Development] Qt Summit 2012 Registration is now open!

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Fri Apr 6 17:23:42 CEST 2012

On 04/06/2012 06:01 AM, Hausmann Simon (Nokia-MP/Oslo) wrote:
> I think it would be great if we could extend the invitations to
> WebKit committers that are contributors to the Qt port.
>
> Quim, what do you think?

Sure, this is what I meant when I wrote

> Qt WebKit counts just like any other Qt
> module. In case of doubt get an indication or invitation from the
> module maintainers.

The "doubt" is not about QtWebKit contributors in general but about a
specific guy interested. Just like any other module.

The only concern (in general) is that maintainers and core approvers
just leave registration for tomorrow - and tomorrow (or are not really
aware that this is happening) and then the 225 seats are taken by others.

I hope the Qt Project meritocracy does an effective work top-down making
sure that whoever needs to be in Berlin registers soon.

Note also that all this discussion about invitations is orthogonal to
sponsoring travel and accommodation for participants. If the person
requesting the invitation is also requesting e.g. 1.500€ valued travel
sponsorship then this is a separate discussion that is purely related
with the event budget.

--
Quim