[Development] Bug workflow in QtCore

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 10 21:37:18 CEST 2012

Hello

No one has yet posted workflows for dealing with bug reports, so I thought I'd
start with QtCore.

Most of the "Core: *" components are assigned directly to me, but there are a
few that aren't. The default assignees are expected to do initial triaging of
the bug reports (default state is Reported):

 - check if all the information needed to make a decision is present
 - if not, hit Not Enough Information and request it
 - if so, please Accept the bug report, setting the priority and, if
necessary, a Fix for version (if it must be fixed in that release, don't set
tentative values)
	=> the task moves to Open state
 - unassign if necessary

Tasks in the Open state for the core components are either Unassigned or
assigned to someone. Tasks Unassigned can be completed by anyone. Help is
requested in fixing them.

Open tasks that are assigned to someone indicate that this person intends on
working on the task in the near future, though help is usually appreciated. I
will usually not track tasks assigned to people though.

If you're working on a task, assign it to yourself (click Assign to Me) and
click Start Work, so the task changes to the In Progress state. If you've
given up working on the task, click Stop Work and, if necessary, unassign.

Once the commits have been merged by Gerrit, click Fixed or Fixed And Tested,
as necessary. Try to paste the Git SHA-1 of the merged commits (not the Gerrit
Change-Id). Verify that the Fix For field has the correct value and select the
Resolution of Done.