[Development] Adoption of virtual_hook()

jan-arve.saether at nokia.com jan-arve.saether at nokia.com
Wed Apr 11 10:52:46 CEST 2012

Hausmann Simon (Nokia-MP/Oslo) wrote on 2012-04-11:

> I would say that qt_metacall is our equivalent. We used that with
> slots in QStyle for example to achieve the same effect with slightly
> more convenience :)
>
> Simon

Ok, that will cover most of our classes, but we still have polymorphic
classes that does not inherit from QObject.

A grep for "class [A-Z_]+_EXPORT\s+Q[^\s]+[^\w]*$" reveals 19 classes in qtdeclarative (excluding _p.h files).

Most of them are of course not polymorphic, but I still see candidates, such as the QSGMaterial* and QSGNode classes.

Jan-Arve