[Development] Adoption of virtual_hook()

harald.fernengel at nokia.com harald.fernengel at nokia.com
Wed Apr 11 15:42:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Apr 11, 2012, at 15:09 , ext Thiago Macieira wrote:

> For non-QObject classes which *already* have virtual tables, we should
> consider it. Fortunately, those classes are minority in Qt, we have very few
> of them.

grep'ing through the source code, we have several virtual_hooks in Qt:

QAccessibleInterface - is this still needed? We have QAccessible2 now that uses proper interfaces

QSqlResult - this is a good example of virtual_hook, we used it to add several new functions to the SQL drivers during the Qt 4 lifetime. However, it should now be cleaned up to use real virtual functions (task 25252 created).

QIconEngine - uses "AvailableSizesHook". Since this is in QtWidgets, I wonder whether it's worth cleaning up.

Harald