[Development] System Locale Update broken

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed Apr 11 23:58:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

QTBUG-24543 reports that the tst_QLocale::windowsDefaultLocale() test is
broken and is currently being skipped.

I've determined this is because the Qt4 mechanism for triggering a refresh of
the Qt system locale whenever the system locale is changed has been removed
from qapplication_win.cpp and QWindowSystemInterface::handleLocaleChange() in
Qt5.

Symbian and QNX also support this in Qt4.8 but OSX and Linux do not.

As this is a regression from 4.8 I assume it must be fixed for 5.0, rather
than just hacking the test to make it pass?  I also assume I need to open a
separate bug report for it?

The fix I was thinking of is making the QSystemLocale implementations detect
any change in the system locale and call QLocalePrivate::updateSystemPrivate()
themselves, which would also emit the QEvent::LocaleChange.

Any thoughts on this?  Any Windows hackers willing to try adapt the old
qapplication_win.cpp code to fit in qlocale_win.cpp?

John.