[Development] Towards a Qt 5 beta

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Thu Apr 12 21:10:01 CEST 2012

2012/4/12 Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com>:
> I think it didn't work well.

While I'm not you, and you didn't really extrapolate on why you think
that, I do agree that it certainly wasn't perfect - but the times when
it wasn't perfect it was mostly things that either don't apply anymore
or can be improved on without fundamental changes to the model

- human error (submitting to master when it should not be there, even
if pre-approved, I'm guilty here *ahem*) causing breakages
- actual api changes (shouldn't be as big an issue anymore) causing
breakages/delays in merging back
- vast delays in merge due to release (this is a very valid problem,
but we should _not_ have been trying to release off master when it is
moving so fast, *that* should have been branched off of master, fixes
pushed to the release branch, and then have it merged back to master
once the release is made - if we avoid trying to release off master
again, then we have no reason to not have frequent merges (within
reason), and there is no problem here anymore