[Development] Qt Summit 2012 Registration is now open!

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Thu Apr 12 23:44:36 CEST 2012

On 04/11/2012 02:23 PM, ext André Pönitz wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:01:13AM -0700, Quim Gil wrote:
>> Just to be clear: Nokia employees follow the same registration process,
>> like anybody else. Organizers too. Lars too. Me too. Everybody.
>
> If you say so...
>
>> http://qt-project.org/groups/qt-contributors-summit-2012/wiki
>
> There will be at least one person who is not even remotely amused
> about the prospect to have to enter personal data into some random
> document hosted at some third party site.

Interesting. Can I ask what is your concern?

Every time someone registers to some third party event s/he uses some
third party site. This is no exception. Last year a 3rd party service
was used as well afair.

The alternative would have been to use something within
http://qt-project.org - but what? We didn't want to bring more work to
Marius & co installing services and we actually are reusing as much as
Qt DevNet as possible,

The personal data requested is mostly public anyway? Also, if you send
it to me via email guess what I will do: store it in the same online
spreadsheet since that is the space used by the organizers and all
badges are printed from there.

And the "random document" has been defined from scratch and reviewed
extensively at the Qt Project [Marketing] mailing list.

--
Quim