[Development] Qt5 + NX

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Fri Apr 13 17:17:18 CEST 2012

Hi all,

When testing Qwt with Qt5 I was running a NX ( http://www.nomachine.com
) remote desktop. Local was a SuSE/Linux 11.2, remote ran a SuSE 12.1/Linux.

With about half of the Qwt applications I had the following effect: as
soon as I move the mouse over the application window ( Xfce4, focus
follow mouse is enabled ) inside the remote desktop the complete screen
on my local system ( the local desktop ! )  is black. When I move the
mouse out of the window the screen is o.k. again. Doing all the same
with Qt 4.8.0 or running the applications with Qt5 and X11 remote
doesn't show any problem.

Bugs like these are really hard to reproduce - too many candidates to be
responsible - but if someone is interested in investigations let me know.

Uwe

Below is a small demo showing the effect on my box.
---
#include <qapplication.h>
#include <qmainwindow.h>
#include <qtoolbar.h>
#include <qtoolbutton.h>
#include <qlayout.h>

class MainWindow: public QMainWindow
{
public:
     MainWindow()
     {
         QWidget *w = new QWidget( this );

         QHBoxLayout *layout = new QHBoxLayout( w );
         layout->addWidget( new QWidget() );

         setCentralWidget( w );

         QToolBar *toolBar = new QToolBar( this );
         QToolButton *button = new QToolButton();
         toolBar->addWidget( button );

         addToolBar( toolBar );
     }
};