[Development] Resolving the wiki situtation

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Fri Apr 13 19:11:23 CEST 2012

I do propose that we freeze http://wiki.qt-project.org/ giving editing
permissions only to
http://wiki.qt-project.org/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=sysop
and seting a deprecation period of 6? months. At the date agreed the
wiki would be switched off.

In the meantime the pages that matter can be soft redirected e.g.
http://wiki.qt-project.org/Events/Qt_Contributors_Summit

On 04/13/2012 09:19 AM, ext marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com wrote:
> Just copy the content over to the new wiki, and update the blog post.

Not that trivial with a page like
http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Device_program/Accepted - a page
started well before a new wiki was in the horizon.

Or http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi - a URL that is now in many places,
most of us not controlled by us.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all fine in having just one wiki. It's just that
it takes some time to move content properly.

Before moving all the QtonPi pages I'd like to check with the QtonPi
developers (hundreds) what is the best next step forward. For instance,
a DevNet group comes to mind.

--
Quim