[Development] important: upcoming rename of _qpa.h to _p.h

Girish Ramakrishnan girish at forwardbias.in
Tue Apr 17 04:12:36 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Girish Ramakrishnan
<girish at forwardbias.in> wrote:
> Hi,
> If you are a module maintainer, please check the patches below and
> provide comments.
>
> As per the previous discuss, I renamed all the _qpa.h to _p.h with a
> couple of helper scripts  - one script renamed the files and another
> fixed the includes. Practically all the hardwork was done by my trusty
> i-7 :) I lost one the renaming scripts because of a git clean -dxf.
> The other scripts is below [2]. The scripts are not important since I
> have done most of the work already.
>
> There's no need to test anything now, let's just wait for api_changes
> to merge. Once api_changes is merged, I will rebase and fix any
> conflicts in the patches below. And then each module owner has to
> check if the below compiles well.

I forgot to mention the issues I found:
1. qtestlib ends up exposing qpa api and thus testcases might end up
being binary incompatible - This should be fixed in
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,23440
2. widgets/ contains some qplatform* files. They should probably be inside gui
3. src/platformsupport/inputcontext contains some qplatform* files.
They should probably be called something else
4. qgeneric plugin has no reason to be in gui. Should probably move to
platformsupport

Girish