[Development] important: upcoming rename of _qpa.h to _p.h

jason.mcdonald at nokia.com jason.mcdonald at nokia.com
Tue Apr 17 09:41:26 CEST 2012

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Girish Ramakrishnan <girish at forwardbias.in> wrote:
> > 1. qtestlib ends up exposing qpa api and thus testcases might end up
> > being binary incompatible - This should be fixed in
>
> AFAIK qtestlib doesn't promise binary compatibility (see e.g.
> http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtqa/commit/0a67286dcc3513880dbbb01a72596b1e08741fea/diffs)
> so I'm not sure if this actually needs fixing - but I'll leave that up
> to the folks working on testlib :)

That's right, testlib isn't included in the BC promises (there's way too much code in testlib that gets inlined via macros and no use of Qt-style private classes), but should still maintain source-compatibility once 5.0.0 is out.

That said, testlib shouldn't needlessly expose other private APIs, so it would be good to fix the issue with qpa properly.

--
Jason McDonald
QTestLib Maintainer