[Development] important: upcoming rename of _qpa.h to _p.h

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Tue Apr 17 17:37:35 CEST 2012

Yes, it does.
And for the case of QPA, we have said that we don't want to promise BC, but we haven't said that we will go around breaking SC for every patch release. (And we shouldn't, since SC breakage uses quite a bit of resources on all parties, so avoid them if you can.)

Like some others, I would prefer it to remain in non-private headers, while mark the QPA API with non-BC promise.
IMO, in Qt 5.1 we should be able to promise BC on the QPA APIs too.

--
.marius