[Development] Suggested improvements to JIRA

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Apr 20 15:12:39 CEST 2012

Hello

Here are a couple improvements I'd like to suggest to JIRA:

1) automatically add every commenter to the Watch list, upon making a comment
 Many people used to Bugzilla don't realise that they will not receive answers
 back unless they add themselves to the Watchers list. This means we never get
 replies that we need.

2) make it possible to add any user to the watcher list
 The only way today of requesting information from someone else is to assign
 the task. That means I can't ask for information from two people.

3) [if not 2, then] make it possible to assign a task to any user
 If assigning is the only way of getting feedback, then we need to be able to
 assign to any registered user.

Additionally, I'd like to request a review that every approver in the Qt
Project has an account and that it is correctly in the OGApprovers group.
While cleaning up my tasks, I noticed two approvers to whom I could not assign
tasks.