[Development] important: upcoming rename of _qpa.h to _p.h

Girish Ramakrishnan girish at forwardbias.in
Fri Apr 20 16:16:41 CEST 2012

2012/4/20 Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com>:
> On Friday, April 20, 2012 07:35:39 lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
>
>> Proposal sounds ok to me as well. If someone still has concerns, please
>
>> speak up.
>

> I lost track of what the proposal currently is. Could it be restated?

1. We drop _qpa completely. So, it would become qplatformbackingstore.h
2. We teach syncqt that qplatform* is special and we move them all to
a special qpa/ directory. So, instead of #include
<QtGui/private/qplatformbackingstore.h>, it will be #include
<QtGui/qpa/qplatformbackingstore.h>
3. We teach syncqt to create <QtGui/QPA> or #include <QPA> headers. (I
think we need the latter since qpa headers are not restricted to gui)
4. We teach the world that qpa is not meant for apps.
5. Add a more benign header pointing out the fact that these files are
qpa files.
6. Rename the handle() to platformXXX() since it's easy to educate
that anything that has platform in it is out of reach of app
developers.

Girish