[Development] Choosing a new MinGW for Qt/Qt Creator/Qt SDK

andy fillebrown andy.fillebrown at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 06:26:03 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM, andy fillebrown
<andy.fillebrown at gmail.com> wrote:
>> my bad, fixed: https://builds.qt-project.org/job/gdb-windows/53/artifact/build-creator-gdb-mingw/qtcreator-gdb-7.4-MINGW32_NT-6.1-i686.tar.gz
>
> This works well.  No breakpoint or callstack issues.  Unfortunately,
> the debugging helper is not working for anything derived from QObject
> and the "this" pointer for everything else doesn't expand, only
> showing the address.
>
> Regardless, this is the gdb I've been looking for.  All we need now is
> an x64 version =)
>
> Cheers,
> ~ andy.f

This appears to be unrelated to the gdb version.  After doing some
more testing with older versions of gcc/gdb/qtcreator, the debugging
helper issue is only in qtcreator 2.5 beta.  I'm not sure what the
problem with the "this" pointer is, but it happens with every
combination I tested.  It may only be happening with classes that
aren't exported.  I'm not sure.

Cheers,
~ andy.f