[Development] Why we *have to* remove codecFor... ?

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:18:09 CEST 2012

2012/4/22 Loaden <loaden at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for reply! I don't care the reason now, I just want know how to make
> it work.
> I am try UTF-8 of the source file, with or not with UTF-8 BOM, and try
> fromLatin1/Utf8/Ascii too.
> And all tried is failed!
>
> In MSVC2010, If use some Chinese (CJK) strings, We have to save the source
> file as UTF-8 with BOM format.
> I am also try UNICODE (with or without BOM) too.
> It's does't work too.

For the same reasons, you shouldn't be using tr() but trUtf8().
See also the random suggestions I put together when helping people on devnet:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Strings_and_encodings_in_Qt
(unfinished, help is welcome, also not up-to-date with Qt 5 but if you
stick to the short recipe everything will just work).

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo