[Development] QtPrintSupport - Platform Support

morten.sorvig at nokia.com morten.sorvig at nokia.com
Mon Apr 23 15:20:08 CEST 2012

On Apr 22, 2012, at 10:43 PM, ext John Layt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While starting to review the current state of QtPrintSupport for Beta 1 and
> one thing I've immediately noticed is an inconsistency in the platform
> implementations as to which plugins have which classes where.
>
> OSX:
>
> src/plugins/platforms/cocoa    - QMacPrintEngine
>                               - QCoreGraphicsPaintEngine
>                               - QCocoaPrinterSupport
> src/plugins/printsupport/cocoa - QCocoaPrinterSupportPlugin
>
> Windows:
>
> src/plugins/platforms/windows  - none
> src/plugins/printsupport/cocoa - QWindowsPrinterSupportPlugin
>                               - QWindowsPrinterSupport
> src/printsupport/kernel        - QWin32PrintEngine
>                               - QAlphaPaintEngine
>

> Linux:
>
> src/platformsupport/genericunix - QGenericUnixPrinterSupport
> src/printsupport/kernel         - QPdfPrintEngine
>                                - QCUPSSupport
>                                - qprinterinfo_unix
>
> Can anyone explain why we have these differences, or any objections why we
> shouldn't move them around to be consistent:

QMacPrintEngine and QCoreGraphicsPaintEngine are class names from Qt 4. For Qt 5 we adopted the "QCocoa" prefix - hence the mismatch. I would like to keep "QCoreGraphicsPaintEngine", which describes exactly what it is (I guess the same can be said for "QPdfPrintEngine"). QMacPrintEngine can be renamed to QCocoaPrintEngine.

- Morten